Zee 24 Ghanta recently organised the 14th edition of Ananya Samman - a platform to appreciate and reward individuals who have selflessly contributed to the society through their exemplary humanitarian works.
The on-ground event held in Kolkata was graced by various dignitaries of the city.
Zee 24 Ghanta’s intellectual property comprises of three prime categories - Ananya Sadharan (which brings to light the achievements of individuals from different walks of life who have dedicated their lives for the service of society despite various barriers), Ananya Samman (rewards people who have contributed to the society through art, literature, cinema, sports and have excelled, overcoming any kind of language and regional barriers) and Ananya Maha Samman (an inspiration for the ages to come).
The exemplary work done by the good Samaritans of the society who have been rewarded with Ananya Sadharan Samman are as follows:
· Babunath Tudu: He constructed an ashram in Bankura, West Bengal to take care of the tribal children, providing them with their basic needs - food, shelter and education.
· Ambarish Nag Chowdhury: He created a HAM Radio to help and find estranged individuals in various public gatherings. This initiative has helped in rescuing more than 200 people. Additionally, he also assisted disaster management team of the Indian Army during various operations.
· Anil Garai: He has been planting trees in the barren lands and converted them into a considerable amount of vegetation in the remotest part of West Bengal for over 40 years.
· Kartick Mondal: He converted his house into a local school to allow the children of his village receive basic education.
· Sanjit Jadab: A budding sportsperson in his teens was unable to pursue his dream of becoming one due to financial issues. Today, he provides free training to athletes who have represented the nation in various international sports events.
In addition to the above, the channel also felicitated Dev (actor), Shantanu Moitra, Chandra Bhattacharya (artist), Dr. Partha Kumar Sarkar (Scientist, Bharat Biotech), Jhulan Goswami with the Ananya Samman, while Mary Kom and Leander Paes were presented with the Ananya Maha Samman awards this year.
Abhay Ojha, CEO of Zee Media, said, “Initiatives like Ananya Samman is a step forward to encourage the viewers and the citizens of the country at large, to make this world a better place. Through Ananya Samman, the channel has been felicitating and honouring visionaries for their outstanding contributions to the society.”