As the race to power heats up with the Bihar Assembly Elections 2020, Times Now and Mirror Now announce an unmatched programming line-up, offering viewers the most extensive coverage of the upcoming elections.
Bringing a holistic news watching experience this election season, Times Now will lead the reportage under ‘Mandate 2020 – Battleground Bihar’. With an engaging programming line-up, Times Now promises to make the election coverage more exciting and captivating for its viewers.
1. Pre-Poll Surveys: In association with C-VOTER, Times Now is broadcasting an Opinion Poll that seeks to capture the Mood of Bihar and the Mood of the Nation ahead of the critical election to the State of Bihar. The surveys give us a picture of the likely shape the elections will be a significant indicator of which way the electorate may swing and will focus crucial topics such as farm bills, large scale migration, economic slowdown and pandemic. The next Opinion Poll will air on October 23, 2020.
2. Exit Polls: On the last date of Polling, November 07, 2020, Times Now in association with C-VOTER will broadcast an exit poll. Using state of the art technology and on ground field research the Polls maps the state of Bihar and the data is then processed to call a projection for the state. The results are a fair indication of how the election has played out with the Voters.
3. Result Day LIVE: Times Now will bring Result Day LIVE on November 10, 2020 with a new age look at Election Result analysis. Featuring some of the country's top Election Analysts and experts, Times Now bring several unique properties that help viewers understand what the Voters have told us and why the result has shaped the way it is. Moving away from Traditional Analysis like Swing and Vote patterns Times Now uses Big Data Analytics and Mathematical Models to bring the viewer a holistic News Watching Experience. This along with a stellar panel of former Journalists and Political Analysts analyse every move of the election for the viewer.
With its focus on issues that impact people’s lives, Mirror Now, the channel that ‘Fights for You’ will drive coverage for Bihar Assembly Elections 2020 with the campaign, ‘The Vote’. Offering viewers a comprehensive electoral reportage with an eclectic mix of programming line-up, Mirror Now highlights the key issues including migrant crisis, rising COVID-19 cases in the state, the annual phenomenon – floods, unemployment and much more with its impactful debates, discussions and a series of exclusive interviews with key newsmakers of Bihar Elections.
1. Young India Debate: Reflecting the voice of young India Mirror Now will host debates with the students & youngsters from the state on various issues including education, jobs, law & order, women safety and infrastructure. These debates will bring forth the needs of youth and how they want their state to shape up.
2. The Vote: Polling Day Special: Tracking every key development, Mirror Now brings an inclusive reportage on polling days with multiple segments. With reporters LIVE from the state, the channel will focus on highlighting the ground realities. On November 07, from 6 pm onwards, the channel will air ‘Poll of Polls’, the exit polls to analyse who is winning in which state.
3. The Urban Debate: Starting October 28, at 9pm, Mirror Now will cover Bihar election with special primetime discussions during the days of polling.
4 The Vote: Bihar 2020: On result day, November 10 starting from 6am, Mirror Now will present an all-day LIVE rolling coverage with analysts and field reporters, analysing the results and trends emerging from the victories and defeats.