The NTO 2.0 matter before the Bombay High Court has been moved to September 2-3 and if further hearing is needed, to September 6-7, sources told BestMediaInfo.com.
The court, which had earlier said it would pronounce the order on August 24, summoned all the parties for a virtual hearing today.
After a brief hearing, the division bench of Justice AA Sayed and Justice Anuja Prabhudessai of the Bombay High Court asked the petitioners to file further documents by August 31.
The final order will then be pronounced on September 16. The bench directed TRAI not to take any coercive action till then.
The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) and other broadcasters had approached the Bombay High Court over the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) July 24 directive, asking all broadcasters to comply with NTO 2.0 by August 10, despite the fact that the matter is sub judice and the final judgment has been reserved by the court.