Call for entries open for BuzzInContent Awards 2020 Enter Now

Best Media Info

Editor’s Picks
Special
Interviews
Events
Cannes Lions 2019

Guest Times

Makemytrip.com uses cricketers to reinforce hotel booking brand promise

Conceptualised by Draftfcb Ulka, the TVC plays on great hotel booking experience juxtaposed with the uncertainties on the cricket field 

BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | April 30, 2013

Hotels are the fastest growing vertical in the online travel business. Its growth is best understood when one studies the number of new entrants currently functioning in the online hotel space. In the recent past there has been a distinct shift in the hotel booking behaviour among Indian consumers who are turning to online buying.

A research by MakeMyTrip.com suggests that close to 55 per cent of hotel bookings in India happen at the time of check-in. And in the rest 45 per cent lies MakeMyTrip’s opportunity whereby it can tap the database of customers already familiar with online bookings and bring them over to MakeMyTrip.com

Last year, MakeMyTrip’s communication was centered round answering the dilemma of the consumer when it comes to unpleasant surprises in hotel bookings. The TVC was aimed at giving customers a sense of confidence through the 100 per cent Money Back Guarantee.

This year the objective was to reach out to a larger set of audience even in smaller cities; and what unites India better than cricket! In tying up with Sunrisers Hyderabad as their official travel partner, MakeMyTrip made its presence felt far more extensively.

The new campaign, conceptualised by Draftfcb Ulka, Delhi, assures MakeMyTrip customers that while cricket can be a game of glorious uncertainties, great hotel booking experience is an absolute certainty when booked through MakeMyTrip.com.

Sanjay Tandon, COO, Draftfcb Ulka Delhi, said, “It’s a reality that cricketers spend most of their life in hotels. We connected the insight seamlessly to MakeMyTrip.com’s online hotel bookings product. Keeping in mind that we would be live with communication during the early summer, which is the key booking season for online hotel bookings, and that MakeMyTrip is the lead sponsor for Hyderabad Sunrisers during IPL, it was natural to get leading cricketers to confess as to how a good hotel stay is always on the mind.”

“As a brand MakeMyTrip wants to stand for the promise of absolute certainty when it comes to hotel bookings. Given that MakeMyTrip has partnered with Sunrisers Hyderabad, it gave us the perfect platform to contrast the insight of cricket being a game of glorious uncertainties to the absolute certainty promised by the brand on hotel bookings,” said Sanjay Sharma, Group Creative Director, Draftfcb Ulka Delhi.

The commercial is based on the insight that players spend a majority of their time, while touring, in hotels. And a good hotel goes a long way in influencing his performance on the field. We see three IPL Sunrisers Hyderabad players – Ishant Sharma, Cameron White and Shikhar Dhawan – being interviewed by commentators on their performance. However, to their utter surprise the players start narrating about their great hotel experience!

There is a master film of 30 seconds and subsequent edits of 25 seconds and 20 seconds.

The TVCs:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTomjUfkCh8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1jsNs-QmNs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27GFAEL1JT8[/youtube]

Credits:

Brand: MakeMyTrip.com

Client Team: Manish Kalra, Vamsi Murthy

Agency: Draftfcb Ulka (Delhi)

National Creative Director: Chax

Senior Creative Directors: Sanjay Sharma

Creative Team: Abhijeet Ray, Tiyasha Ray

Account Management: MN Damodaran, Debasish Das, Rachin Mahendroo

Agency Producers: Ganesh Iyer, Alpa Jobalia

Production House: Mad Studios

Director: Abraham Cherian

Producer: Sunil Manchanda

Music: Amal Malik

Info@BestMediaInfo.com

Advertisment
Post a Comment