CNN-IBN Indian of the Year 2011 unveils nominees of Public Service category
December 2, 2011:
After revealing the nominees in Business, Sports and Entertainment categories, CNN-IBN has announced the nominees for Public service category for Indian of the Year 2011.
The nominees under Public Service category are as follows:
- ANNA HAZARE AND TEAM: For leading an unprecedented uprising against corruption and changing the nature of political discourse in India.
To Vote: SMS IPUB 1 to 51818
- ASSOCIATION OF PARENTS DISAPPEARED PERSONS (APDP): For relentlessly highlighting the issue of missing persons in Kashmir, and forcing the government and rights groups to acknowledge and act.
To Vote: SMS IPUB 2 to 51818
- AZIM PREMJI: For being a rare corporate captain to donate an unprecedented amount of personal wealth for improving education across India
To Vote: SMS IPUB 3 to 51818
- SUBRAMANIAN SWAMY: For sheer diligence, doggedness and consistency in pursuing the 2G scam, which finally forced prosecution to take action
To Vote: SMS IPUB 4 to 51818
- VINOD RAI, COMPTROLLER AND AUDITOR GENERAL OF INDIA: For being a rare bureaucrat who stuck to an audit report which highlighted unprecedented government corruption
To Vote: SMS IPUB 5 to 51818
- WOMEN GUN SURVIVORS NETWORK: For outstanding work in helping the women of Manipur, who undergo trauma because of violence in the conflict-hit state
To Vote: SMS IPUB 6 to 51818
Vote and applaud for the achiever who with his/her unflinching dedication has emerged as the best in Public Service category. Log on to www.indianoftheyear.com to cast your vote.
Speaking on the occasion, Rajdeep Sardesai, Editor-in-Chief, CNN-IBN, IBN7 & IBN- Lokmat said, “It is with great pride that we announce the nominees of this year's edition of the Indian of the Year Awards. Each passing year, gives us an opportunity to identify those rare individuals who have forged a blazing path in their chosen fields.”