News as it is -

Best Media Info

Partner Content

Twitterati in favour of Elon Musk stepping down as Twitter CEO; announcement likely to come soon

Musk had launched the poll on Twitter to seek public opinion as to whether or not he should step down as the CEO of the microblogging platform, he had also said that he would abide by the results of his poll

Elon Musk

After revealing potential discontent from the ‘CEO’ title amidst the Tesla Trial, Elon Musk launched a poll on the microblogging platform to determine whether or not he should step down from his interim role. He also stated that he would abide by the results of his poll.

With the poll duration coming to an end with a total of 17.5 million voters, 57.5% people have voted in favour of him stepping down and the remaining 42.5% people voted against such a move.

In a reply to the tweet, Musk also mentioned that the crux of the matter is not in finding a CEO, but rather finding a CEO who can keep Twitter alive.

Nonetheless, this wasn’t the first time that Musk was contemplating over his ‘CEO’ role at the microblogging platform.

In an earlier instance at the Tesla Trial, Musk had stated that he doesn’t view his role as that of a traditional Chief Executive Officer and that he doesn’t intend to continue as the CEO of Twitter in the long run.

Additionally, he also expressed his apology in another tweet and wrote that a vote will be conducted for all major policy changes in future.

Post taking over Twitter in a $44 billion deal in October, Musk has sacked its employees, overhauled its moderation policies, put a price on account verification, and restored previously banned accounts including that of former US President Donald Trump.

In recent days, he suspended the accounts of several prominent journalists without warning who had been covering him but had to reinstate the accounts following strong criticism from government officials, journalist organisations, and advocacy groups.

Since taking over the company on October 28, Musk has made a slew of changes to the platform which have further resulted in huge disruptions. He has also fired top executives and over 7,500 employees who constituted over half of the company’s workforce.

Post a Comment