The India Today Group is set to host the 7th edition of their prestigious “Safaigiri Awards” on October 2, 2021, at the Le Meridien Hotel in New Delhi. This year, as in 2020, the awards will be referred to as the “Healthgiri Awards” to honour the valiant efforts of India’s frontline workers, and to celebrate the resilience of our health experts and Covid warriors in the face of the pandemic challenge. As India’s vaccine campaign gains significant momentum, the awards will honour and felicitate the pioneering efforts of those who have significantly contributed during this pandemic, and brought us to this current stage of hope and optimism for a brighter, healthier future.
Even after a challenging second wave that tested the resolve of the nation, India’s doctors, frontline workers, and primary care professionals did not weaken their determination, and did everything they could to treat patients effectively and speedily. In addition to them, we saw ordinary citizens, leaders and professionals come together to support those in need from every corner of the country, selflessly going beyond their own needs and concerns to help those impacted by the pandemic. This strong, unshakeable spirit has contributed to India’s robust vaccination campaign today, and has boosted public health consciousness.
The India Today Group will honour individuals/organisations who have appreciably contributed to mitigate the suffering of many and to rein in the spread of the disease. The Award categories for this year are:
* Best government hospital combating Covid-19
* Best private hospital combating Covid-19
* Best charity hospital combating Covid-19
* Best NGO or other entity offering healthcare services during Covid-19
* Best innovation for Covid-related activity in times of Covid-19
* Best state combating Covid-19
* Celebrity who has done exemplary work during Covid-19
* Best far-reaching corporate contribution for a wider social impact
* Best ambulance service
* Best oxygen delivery initiative
* Best vaccination drive by a state
* Best vaccine delivery programme by private hospital
* Special award for assistance in last rites
* Best mental health counselling
* Best child care/support
* Best districts in combating Covid-19
* Unsung hero
* Outstanding contribution to the development and production of Covid vaccines
The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Mansukh Mandaviya, will be giving away the awards.
The awards ceremony will see inspirational performances from celebrated artists like Udit Narayan, Kanika Kapoor and Rekha Bharadwaj, in addition to enlightening sessions by reputed doctors from Medanta Hospital, Fortis Heart Institute, Max Group of Hospitals, Radix Healthcare and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital on topics that include vaccinations for children, the possibilities of a third wave of the pandemic, and how best to be prepared to tackle it.
This year’s esteemed jury for selecting the awardees consisted of:
* Aroon Purie, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, India Today Group
* Manish Sabharwal, Chairman, TeamLease Services Ltd
* Srinath Reddy, President, Public Health Foundation of India
* Naresh Trehan, Chairman and Managing Director, Medanta
* Swati Piramal, Vice Chairperson, Piramal Group