WARC Awards for the Effective Use of Brand Purpose has announced its shortlist. India has secured two shortlists among 21 marketing initiatives from around the world.
McCann Worldgroup India and FCB India have got one each for ‚ÄėOvercoming India's Toilet Divide‚Äô and ‚ÄėOut & Proud - India Comes Out of the Closet‚Äô.
The shortlisted marketing initiatives from around the world have successfully embraced a brand purpose and achieved commercial success as well as a benefit for a wider community.
A variety of both global brands such as Airbnb, Cadbury Dairy Milk, Finish, L'Or√©al and Volkswagen, and local brands, including Colorado's Appia, Hungarian Telekom and The Times of India, are included in the shortlist, selected by a panel of industry experts chaired by Ivan Pollard, Senior Vice-President, Global Chief Marketing Officer, General Mills.
The shortlisted entries are:
- Job-Hunting in Sneakers ¬∑ Band-Aid ¬∑ Johnson & Johnson ¬∑ BBDO Japan ¬∑ Japan
- Real Meals ¬∑ Burger King Whopper ¬∑ Burger King ¬∑ MullenLowe US ¬∑ United States
- Art Gap ¬∑ Standard Chartered Bank ¬∑ Standard Chartered ¬∑ TBWA\RAAD ¬∑ United Arab Emirates
- #FinishWaterWaste ¬∑ Finish ¬∑ Reckitt Benckiser ¬∑ DEC PR ¬∑ Australia
- Drive Bigger ¬∑ Volkswagen ¬∑ PHD Media, Johannes Leonardo ¬∑ North America
- Senior Gamer Club ¬∑ Hungarian Telekom ¬∑ Deutsche Telekom ¬∑ Uniomedia ¬∑ Hungary
- The Uncovered ¬∑ Ahmini ¬∑ Tunisie Telecom ¬∑ J. Walter Thompson Tunis ¬∑ Tunisia
- Meet Me Halfway ¬∑ SK-II ¬∑ Procter & Gamble ¬∑ Forsman & Bodenfors Singapore, Verizon Media ¬∑ China, United States, United Kingdom
- Glass and a half in everyone ¬∑ Cadbury Dairy Milk ¬∑ Mondelńďz International ¬∑ Ogilvy Malaysia ¬∑ Indonesia
- Democratising Education for Women in Indonesia ¬∑ Fair & Lovely ¬∑ Unilever Indonesia ¬∑ Mindshare Indonesia ¬∑ Indonesia
- Out & Proud - India Comes Out of the Closet ¬∑ The Times of India ¬∑ Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd ¬∑ FCB India ¬∑ India
- Overcoming India's Toilet Divide ¬∑ Harpic ¬∑ Reckitt Benckiser ¬∑ McCann Worldgroup India ¬∑ India
- As far as we go ¬∑ Almosafer ¬∑ Seera Group ¬∑ FP7 McCann Dubai ¬∑ Saudi Arabia
- The Gift of Mom ¬∑ Babyshop ¬∑ Landmark Group ¬∑ FP7 McCann Dubai ¬∑ United Arab Emirates
- It's up to us ¬∑ Ooredoo ¬∑ FP7 McCann Doha, FP7 McCann Beirut ¬∑ Kuwait, Oman, Tunisia, Palestinian Territories
- Abtal El Shawarea' (The Stars on the Streets) ¬∑ Clear ¬∑ Unilever ¬∑ FP7 McCann Cairo ¬∑ Egypt
- The Ramadan campaign that didn't launch in Ramadan ¬∑ Jawwy ¬∑ STC ¬∑¬†¬†¬†¬† FP7 McCann Dubai, FP7 McCann Riyadh ¬∑ Saudi Arabia
- The Unheard Prayer ¬∑ Maxis ¬∑ Leo Burnett ¬∑ Malaysia
- The Non-Issue ¬∑ L'Or√©al Paris ¬∑ L'Or√©al Group ¬∑ McCann London, McCann Paris ¬∑ the United Kingdom
- The Country Pub Project ¬∑ Airbnb ¬∑ Airbnb Creative, APAC ¬∑ Australia
- Native Bees ¬∑ Colorado's Appia ¬∑ AMBEV ¬∑ Santa Clara ¬∑ Brazil
The shortlisted entries for the Effective Content Strategy and Effective Social Strategy will be announced shortly.
The WARC Awards are currently being judged by international senior figures from both brands and agencies.