India Today Groupâ€™s â€˜The Lallantopâ€™ has become the only digital-first original news brand to crossed 10-million subscriber base on YouTube. According to a Vidooly report for the top 10 digital-first original news channels on YouTube, â€˜The Lallantopâ€™ is the first to achieve this milestone globally, surpassing several legacy global and national news brands such as CNN, ABC News, BBC News, Zee News, NDTV among others.
After hitting the million subscriber mark in January 2018, the platform took just 22 months to scale up to 10 million subscribers mark.
This milestone shows the brandâ€™s affinity among the viewers with the fact that YouTube subscribers are earned organically unlike followers of other social media platforms who could be bought.
What distinguishes The Lallantop from other digital news brands is its distinct style of news reporting, storytelling, colloquial language and shows such as Political Kisse, Neta Nagri, Kitab Wala and Padtal, among others.
TheLallantop.com has also launched two popular shows on Tez channel - 'The Lallantop Show', aired from Monday to Friday, and 'The Lallantop Quiz Show', which is aired on Saturday. For each Lallantop video posted on YouTube, the average views garnered are 2.2 lakh.
The USP of The Lallantop is its connect with users and the art of explaining complex topics in a user-friendly language.
The platform undertook a massive ground reporting exercise in February 2017 during the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections. Reaching directly to the audience, and reporting live from within the emotionally charged atmosphere struck an instant chord and proved to be a successful experiment.
Buoyed by the success, the ground reporting format followed during the elections in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and 2019 general election fully establishing The Lallantop's credibility and leadership.
Letâ€™s take a look at some of The Lallantop's shows that are extremely popular are:
1. Political Kisse: An award-winning series that highlights interesting stories from the vaults of history
2. Padtal: Where The Lallantop investigates rumors, fake and misleading news, and fact checks all viral content
3. Kitab Wala: Where The Lallantop chats with authors
4. Sciencekari: Where The Lallantop explains science in a language that anybody can understand
5. Netanagari: Where The Lallantop and Rajdeep Sardesai review the week's political developments
6. Arthat: From the government's latest policies to the countryâ€™s growth, this show explains everything about the economy
7. Aasaan Bhasha Mein: Whether it is the ABCs of Sensex or the googlies of cricket, this show explains all complex subjects in an easy-to-understand language