TBWA\India Mumbai won a pair of Bronze Cubes and WATConsult Mumbai picked up one Bronze at The One Club for Creativity’s global ADC 98th Annual Awards ceremony in New York.
TBWA\India Mumbai won both of their ADC Bronze Cubes in Product Design for “Blink to Speak” on behalf of NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute/Asha Ek Hope Foundation. One Bronze was given for Design for Good – Product Design – Single, and the other for Science/Medical – Single or Series. The work also won a Merit in Publication Design, Design for Good – Publication Design – Single.
WATConsult Mumbai also won a Bronze Cube for Project Nanhi Kali “#PowerlessQueen” in Interactive, Games – Web/Social Media – Single.
Ananya Khaitan New Delhi won an ADC Merit for “From Addict to Convict” on behalf of Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy in Publication Design, Books – Limited Edition/Private Press/Special Format – Single.
A Merit was also awarded to Black Swan Life Communications Mumbai for Amar Tea “Tea Society” in Photography, Product/Commercial – Series.
Global awards results
ADC 98th Annual Awards Black Cube for Best of Show went to Final Cut New York and Furlined Santa Monica with Droga5 New York for “The Truth Is Worth It” on behalf of The New York Times. The stellar work also received Best of Disciplines honors in both Advertising and Motion/Film Craft, as well as three Gold Cubes in Advertising and a Gold and Bronze in Motion/Film Craft.
Top honours at the ADC 98th Annual Awards, based upon cumulative ADC Cubes and Merits won across all disciplines, are:
- Agency of the Year — TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo
- Network of the Year — TBWA Worldwide
- Boutique Agency of the Year — Akestam Holst Stockholm
- Design Studio of the Year — The New York Times Magazine New York
- Production Company of the Year — Furlined Santa Monica
- Brand of the Year — AIG
ADC 98th Annual Awards Best of Discipline winners are as follows:
- Advertising: Furlined Santa Monica with Droga5 New York with “The Truth Is Worth It” for The New York Times
- Brand/Communication Design: TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo “Pride Jersey” for AIG
- Experiential Design: BBDO Atlanta “Stop Traffick” for Street Grace
- Fashion Design: TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo “Pride Jersey” for AIG
- Illustration: Nora Krug Brooklyn “Belonging: A German Reckons with History and Home” for Scribner
- Integrated: DDB Chicago “Broadway the Rainbow “ for Mars Wrigley Confectionery
- Interactive: Akestam Holst Stockholm “Billboards Beyond Borders” for Reporters Beyond Borders
- Motion/Film Craft: Final Cut New York with Significant Others New York, Furlined Santa Monica and Droga5 New York for “The Truth Is Worth It” for The New York Times
- Packaging Design: TBWA\Chiat\Day New York with Design by Disruption New York “Unboxing the Truth” for Thomson Reuters
- Photography: The New York Times Magazine New York “Losing Earth” for The New York Times Magazine
- Product Design: TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo “Pride Jersey” for AIG
- Publication Design: TBWA\Chiat\Day New York with Design by Disruption New York and Rebel & Rogue New York “The Fake News Stand” for Columbia Journalism Review
- Spatial Design: Studio Cadena Brooklyn “Masa Cafe & Bakery” for Masa
- Typography: TBWA\Chiat\Day New York with Design by Disruption New York and Rebel & Rogue New York “The Fake News Stand” for Columbia Journalism Review
- The ADC Designism Award for work that best promotes social good went to McCann New York for “Planet or Plastic” on behalf of National Geographic.
TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo won the most ADC Gold Cubes from an agency this year with eight, all for “Pride Jersey” on behalf of AIG. TBWA\Media Arts Lab Los Angeles with OMD Worldwide Los Angeles was next with six Golds, all for Apple “Welcome Home”.
The number of entries for the ADC 98th Annual Awards increased 11% over last year, received from 48 countries. There were 76 ADC Gold Cubes presented, 107 Silver Cubes, 152 Bronze Cubes and 376 Merits for work from 34 countries. The complete list of all ADC 98th Annual Awards winners sorted by agency can be downloaded here.