ASCI upheld complaints against 132 out of 169 ads in October 2013
Education and Health & Personal Care categories continue to lead with the highest number of complaints received
BestMediaInfo Bureau | Mumbai | January 8, 2014
InÂ October 2013, ASCIâs Consumer Complaints Council (CCC) upheldÂ complaints againstÂ 132Â ads out of a total of 162 complaints received. Education and Health & Personal Care categories continue to lead with the highest number of complaints received. There were some misleading ads which had a sizeable number of complaints against them.
Health &Â Personal Care
TheÂ CCC found the following claims inÂ health and personal care product or serviceÂ ads of 92 advertisers released in the pressÂ to beÂ either misleading or false orÂ not adequately / scientificallyÂ substantiated, and henceÂ violating ASCIâs Code.Â Some of theÂ health care products or services ads alsoÂ contravened provisions of the Drug & Magic Remedies Act. Complaints againstÂ theÂ followingÂ adsÂ wereÂ UPHELD:
- Navjeevan Nature Cure Center Claim: They help in âweight loss from 5 - 7 kg in one week with detoxificationâ.
- Hootone Remedies: The website claims to have cure for AIDS. Such medicines should be acclaimed and accredited by Government.
- RC Creatives Sales: Roomani Oil claims that it is âvery famous for men's energyâ. âVisual implies that the product is meant to enhance sexual pleasure.â
- Eli Pharmaceuticals: Claims it is âeffective in giving shine to your face and removes black marks, it also prevents them to appear again.â
- Nature Care Wellness: Claims that it can give you âfreedom from diabetes in just 6 months, no side effect, heals from roots.â
- Anand Clinic: Claims that it is âcomplete treatment and solution of low sperm count, hydrocele without operation, infertility lycoria & infertility caused due to liquor and diabetesâ, it is âcomplete treatment of all sexual diseases.â
- Dr Anjali Shere Hair Science: Claims that it is the first âRobotic Hair Transplant Centre in Mumbai.âÂ
- Hygienic Research Institute: Super Vasmol 33 claimed that it is a âNatural method to color hairâ.
- Telemart Shopping Network: Fairpro claims that it âbrightens up the complexion of dark skinned people in a very short timeâ.
- Vikas Publcity: Â Shreeji One Diabetes Kit claims that one can âGet 100% success from lifetime capsule or insulinâ.
- Prince Pharma: Â 2 much Gold Capsules claims that â1, 50, 00,000 people have used it and are still using it.â
- Dr Shukla Sex Clinic: Claims that this clinic is a one a place âFor most successful treatment of male weakness, premature ejaculation, semen in urine, infertility, less sperms and for all sexually transmitted diseasesâ.
- Ashirvad Enterprises Ltd: Â Ashirvad Pure claims that it is âIndia's only one company who provides RO+UV+UF with pH Enhancerâ.
- Jeevan Jyoti Fertility Hospital: Claims that it gives âComplete treatment of infertilityâ.
- Win Diabetes Clinic: Claims that it âGets you rid of painful injections of insulin in just 10 daysâ, â100% effective herbal productâ, âno magic, no miracle, astonishing result of years of research.â
- Krushnakant Sanjivani Natural Spondylitis & Obesity: Claims that it gives â100% guaranteed Ayurvedic treatmentâ, âObesity in 3 months reduces 10-15 kgs.â
- Dr Manjiris Instasculpt: Claims that it is a âSafe, Permanent, Instant & Non-surgical treatments for Figure, Face & Hair.â One can âlose up to 10 kg in 10 weeksâ.
- Melblok Treatment Centre: Claims that âMelblok treats hyper or dark pigmented skin patches, blemishes, dark circles, uneven complexion, dull skin, acne marks, melasma, rough skin & open poresâ. âMelblok clears acne with its marks completely, when everything fails.â
- Sanjeevani Homeopathic Medical Center: Claims that it gives âSuccessful treatment of all types (gall bladder and kidney) of stones without any cut and operation with the help of complete homeopathic medicines.â
- Dr Pandya skin Clinic Cosmetic & laser Center: Claims that it gives âFreedom from baldness (treatment through stem cell technique)â, âBenefits: growing of natural hair, growing of hair without Surgeryâ,Â âNo need of hair transplant, no side effect, affordable and easy treatment.â
- Yog Vigyan Sansthan: Claims that it gives âpermanent cure for sex diseases so that you get rid of consuming medicines every now and then & gives instant benefit.â
- Shree Baidyanath Ayur Bhawan: Baidyanath Mahasudarshan Ghanbati claims that it is the âbest medicine for feverâ, âuseful in all kinds of fever (new, outworn, malaria and typhoid).â
- Sri Ram Hospital Group: Claims that it gives âbenefits of surgery for obesity- get rid of diabetes, blood pressure, and heart problem.â
- J P Dikshit Yog &Prakrutik Chikitsalay: Claims that it gives âsuccessful treatment of all incurable diseases without medicines like Eczema, Psoriasis.â
- Detox Supplements: Claims that it is a âsure solution for liver diseases.â
- Parul Homeo Laboratories P Ltd: Heightex Tablets implies that the product is meant to affect stature.
- Looks Cosmetic Clinic: Claims that they can alter looks with âNo Surgeries, No Needles, No Pain, No Downtime, No Side EffectsÂ , Lipo Laser - Lose up to 5-20 inches in a month.â
- Dr Shukla Sex Clinic: Claims that it is âNo.1 sex clinic of Kanpur since last 15 years.â
- Dr Kamlesh G Laser & Body Care: Claims that it helps you âReduce 10 to 12 inch in just 2 hours.â
- Gift Gyno IVF and Infertility Centre: Claims that â5,000 infertile couples have had successful pregnancies through GIFT Centre.â
- Shape & Glow: Claims that they give âGuaranteed 5 Kg weight lossâ, âLipo Laser removes fat.â
- Slimming Beauty and Hair Clinic: This clinic has infringed on the Richfeel Anagrow logo as well as the images used by Richfeel have been used.
- Torque Pharma (No Scars): Claims that it gives âeffective medicine for removing scarsâ and âreduces and removes scars & marks.â
- Shree Kalyan Ayurvedashram: Claims that they give âsuccessful treatment for white spotsâ. âAfter beginning the treatment, white spots will reduce and will appear as normal skin complexionâ, âguaranteed benefit by treatment.â
- OPTM Health Care: Claims that with âNo Surgery, No Injections, No Oral Medicines, Free your knee from pain forever.â âOrganic Phyto Therapeutic Method (Several chronic conditions listed such as gout, osteoarthirtis, spondylosis etc.).â
- S.P. Pharmaceuticals (Penzy Hair Oil/Capsule): Claims that it âstops baldness, breaking of hair and hair fall.â
- Premi Skin Hair & Laser Clinic: Claims that it is a âPermanent treatment of white spots and surgical spots, baldness, laser therapy of unwanted hairs, warts.â
- Re-Touch Hair & Skin Clinic: Claims that one can ânow get 100% freedom from Asthma and White spots.â
- Ghai Hospital: Claims that they help cure âmanly weakness and is a guaranteed sure treatment of mistakes in childlessness, increasing age, impotency due sugar, early fall, undeveloped organ, night fall, breast beauty, childlessness, nil sperm countâ, âeffect from the very first dayâ. âAfter discontinuing the medicine the disease won't happen again.â
- S D Industries (Zosh Capsules): The advertisementâs visual implies that the product is meant for enhancing sexual pleasure.
- American IVF & Test Tube: Claims that they provide âsuccessful treatment to unblock the Fallopian Tube without any operationâ, âlakhs of people have benefited from this technique and are living a happy life.â
- Sri Om Ayurvedic Seva Sansthan: Claims â100% Â successful treatment of Brain, Heart, Liver, Kidney, stomach disease, kidney stone, prostate, Obesity, skin disease, Diabetes, Arthritis and STD and Sexual disease etc.â
- Meghdoot Sewa Gramodyog Sansthan: âMeghdoot Gramudyog- Meghdoot Madhu Shoonya Churanâ is misleading.
- L G Hair Beauty Centre:Â Claims to âget rid of baldness in 2 hours.â
- Prince Pharma: â2 Much breast capsule is useful for âtwice efficacy and âmake breasts attractive and feel beautiful.â
- Vee Excel Drugs & Pharma: Obitek Herb Capsules claims that it can help you âreduce weight and maintain figure, burns harmful cholesterol contentâ.
- Krishna Kripa Industries: Â Sugarnil Powder ClaimsÂ that it can controls sugar and get rid of its side effects on eyes, kidney, weakness of nerves, weak bones, calcium deficiency, pain, numbness of hands and legs, fatigue, uninterested in working and generates new energy in the body.
- Darling Buds Hair Transplant: Claims it is India's largest hair restoration centre with being world pioneers in FUE, doing the largest volume of FUE hair transplants in Asia as a stand-alone clinic. It claims to be the âmost trusted & respected world overâ.
- Dr Anjali Shere Hair Science: Claims that the robotic hair transplant technique has 100% perfection in the treatment with 0% human error and doctor guided. It gives genuine stamp paper guaranteeâ, â5000 happy clientsâ Ad using images to justify the before and after results of the patient.
- Goodcare Pharma Pvt Ltd: Ezi Slim Slimming Tea burns excess fat, increases metabolism,Â limits false hunger,Â reduces transformation of carbohydrates to fats,Â Â keeps the heart healthy, 100% natural andÂ no side-effects.
- R.T.C. Enterprises: Claims that Celebrity Lift technique brings fairness of skin and promises to remove wrinkles and double chin.
- Diabetic Cell: Claims the cell to be World's Safest Diabetic Treatment with a tag line saying âEat what you love without a worry, 76% of our Diabetic patients are now happy.â
- Pappu Guptakrut Range of Products: Claims that the products stop hair breakage in 30 days. Within aÂ course ofÂ 45 days, the products claimed to start growth of hair within 8- 20 days, stopping baldness in 180 daysâ, growing black hair from the roots which has become white untimely, getting relief from dandruff in 3 days and completely rid of it in 20 days up till 10 years.
Dr. Shaktiâs Hair Harmony & You: Claims that it brings the breakthrough technique d-DHT for the 1st time in Mumbai. âDon't get conned, get genuine hair transplant HHY writes breakthrough technique d-DHT. â
- Win Diabetes Clinic: Claims that Lady Fresh Gel range of products helps cure the looseness of vagina and whitens the area, works as a complete ayurvedic medicine to manage your private parts, made of pure ayurvedic medicines and is harmless
- Appropriate Miss Beauty Capsules: Claims that the capsules are the 1st in India as skin whiteners.Â âThe most trusted formula that blocks the formation of darkÂ Â pigmentation melaninâ, the benefits claim to add permanently fairer and pinkish glow to the skin; Lightening dark eye circle and spots, heal dark spots caused by Acne / Pimple; Underarms / Bikini line will lighten.
- Vibgyor Clinic: Claims that the clinic could cure sex problems which include permanent treatment of nightfall, early fall, stress, semen in urine, indesire (in male or female), physical/mental weakness, depression by Ayurvedic medicines, joint pain - complete successful treatment of Arthritis, pain and swelling, spondylitis, migraine by Ayurvedic medicines, successful treatment of psoriasis, white spots, eczema, pimples, wrinkles, and other skin diseases by Ayurvedic medicines.
- Somiâs Glow Plus Solution: Claims that Somi's has developed Glow Solution & Glow Plus Solution which are special Ayurvedic solutions for hair growth whose results will be shown in only 3 months of proper application. Visuals of the TVC are misleading showing Glow Solution & Glow Plus Solution to be catalysts for hair makeover.
- Wet & Dry Personal Care: Claims that Everteen Vaginal Tightening Gel âhelps maintain vaginal health, tighten and revitalize vagina, rejuvenates vaginal muscles, tone and vigor in vagina, improves lubrication and reduce dryness, removes vaginal harmful bacteria, restores post-delivery vaginal elasticity and enhances sexual pleasureâ.
- Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health Care: Pantene Hair Fall Protection sachet states that âMaa banne ka baad baal toh tut te hi hain! Shampoo badal Pantene try kar. Iska pro-V formula balon ka tutna kam aur unhe lamba banane me madad kareinâ.
- Relief Accupressure Clinic: Claims Dr Batras Homeopathic Clinic to be a successful treatment of each and every disease. â6 lakh hair patients successfully treatedâ,Â â90% hair patients will not change to any other brand for treatment - AC Nielsen studyâ,Â âIndia's Only Trusted Homeopathy Brand - The Brand Trust Report, 2013â
- Dr Dilbagh Clinic: Claims assured treatment of mistakes of childhood, sexual weakness due to sugar, premature ejaculation, under developed organ, urine disease, semen in urine, night fall, less sperm count, no physical development, not feeling hungry, no weight growth, no height growth and piles.â
- Sun Laboratories P Ltd: Claims that Titanic K2 Capsules is the no.1 in power capsules with 10 years of success, 100% Ayurvedic, correct treatment for excitement and energy. âFeel energetic in just one capsuleâ,Â âNo side effectâ
- Vee Excel Drugs & Pharma: Claims that Vegafem make breasts attractive, effective for treatment of flat chest, safe alternative to expensive surgery, stimulate healthy breast growth, no flabby breasts, full, firm & younger looking cleavage, no scientific human hormones and completely herbal.
- Dewan Farms: Claims that it penetrates into the pores of the knees and stops the noise made by joints and makes grease. âGrease oil for knees.â
- Balaji Ayurved Sansthan: Claims thatÂ Bebo B C Capsule & Massage Oil isÂ the Â Â âBreast care capsule, tel and cream, No Side Effectâ
- Prince Pharma : Claims that CP Gold Capsule and Syrup is used to improves the efficiency of organs by energising it.
- Kaleesuwari Refinery: Eldia Enriched Hair Oil has natural UV protection. It is enriched with virgin pomegranate seed oil, blue lotus flower and tomato extracts, and natural Vitamin E in coconut oil that provides protection from harmful sun rays.
- Dabur India: New Fem Anti Darkening Hair Removal Cream has a visual and mention of sandal.Â However, the product ingredient declaration is misleading since it does not have sandal in the ingredient list.
- Meck Pharmachem: Claims that Glucomeck Tablets is the only alternative to operation with âno side effects.â
- MOD Innovative Care: Claims that their techniques help get rid of baldness in 2 Hours. âDo Comb, Shampoo, Color Etc. Note This Is Not A Wigâ and âGet Rid Of Obesity permanently.â
- B. Lab: Claims that using the GLO Brightening Intense System product leads to the fairness of skin in human beings: and it promises to remove wrinkles and double chin, which is misleading. This advertisement is exploiting the vulnerable situation of people.
- Makewell Pharmaceutical: Claims that use of Speed Height Capsule helps increase in physical stature. Â
- Janta Hospital: Claims that the hospital has 100% successful way and effective treatment for White Spots, oldest of the spots will get removed from its roots.
- Oshea Herbals: Claims that Oshea Herbals Hair Vitaliser prevents baldness.
- Libra Ayur Lab: Claims that Hairton Tablet stops hair fall and baldness.
- Dr. A K Jain Clinic: Â Claims that the clinic is no.1 in world's top 2 sexologists. It has a complete solution for sexual disease.
- B Lab Complaint: Claims that their product, Pro Hair makes an impression & leads to cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of Baldness in human beings.
- Lal Kitab Amrit: Claims that âIt is the key to success and can resolve any worry.â
- Tulsi Amrit Pvt Ltd: Claims that Tulsi Amrit is a very high result of their Ayurvedic preparation made from Tulsi plant by Anil Bansal, Vedic Upchar Sansthan.
- LĂreal India: LĂreal Fall Repair 3x shampoo TVC states: âJadon me ho dum, to baal gire kum (Stronger the roots lesser the hair fall), Asli mazbooti jadon se aati hai (real strength comes from the roots), Kya apka shampoo deta hai jadon se mazboot baal? Mera deta hai (Does your shampoo strengthen from the roots? Mine does.)â
- Shreya Ayur Clinic & Panchkarm Center: Claims that their techniques help in 100% successful treatment of white spots (Leucoderma).
- Ayurwin: Â Nutri Slim Powder/Capsule âhelps in melting the accumulated fat depositsâ, âturns the body's fat into energyâ, âcontrols the body's cholesterolâ and is âsafe as it is an herbal productâ.
- Kunnath Pharmaceutical: Musli power premium capsules âreduces ageing processes and âresults starts within a weekâ.
- Hindustan Unilever: Claims that application of Dove Essential Nourishment Body Lotion will have soft skin even after 10 days of application. It means that consumer needs to apply the lotion only once and it gives soft skin for 10 days.
- 85.Â Ayurvedic Amrut: Claims that the product is â100% herbal medicines/productsâ, âcures âWhite Patchesâ immediately, âenhances âmemory âin 30 daysâ, cures âpilesâ of any variety permanentlyâ, âcures âArthritisâ there by preventing surgeryâ, âprevents âhair fallâ completelyâ, âenhances hair growthâ and âreduces weightâ.
- Branolia Chemical Works: Claims that Branolia is enriched with Brahmi Branolia for Memory & Health. It claims to develop intellect, cool, enhance memory.
- Dabur India: New Fem Anti Darkening Hair Removal Cream claims that Fem Hair removal cream is the âFirst Hair removal cream that does not let your skin darkenâ and âSay no to skin darkening by Hair removal creamâ.
- Reliant Aqua: Claims that Reliant Aqua is Indiaâs only one company who provides RO+UV+UF with pH Enhancer.
- Jalan Healthcare: The advertisement is discriminatory, disrespectful and offensive towards women in general and to overweight women in particular. It shows women, especially obese ones, in poor light and appears to be mocking their looks.
- Vegan Skyshop: Shaktivardhan Vaccume Therapy and Oilâs advertisement of this product/device makes an impression and it suggests & is calculated to lead toÂ the use of such products as for the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disorder/ condition of sexual impotence,Â premature ejaculation and spermatorrhoea and for the improvement in size and shape of the sexual organ, erectileÂ disfunction & maintenance of erection of sexual organ in human being and thereby improvement of capacity of humanÂ beings for sexual pleasure.
- Omega Hospitals: The advertisement of this hospital claims that at âthe end of 30-40 days radiationâ, âpain freeâ, âoutpatient procedureâ and âpatient can resume activity immediately after session.â
- Hindustan Unilever: Fair and Lovely Fairness Creamâs ad claims that itâs a âlaser focus like fairness treatmentâ. Itâs advanced pink formula targets melanin- the pigmentation agent at its root and helps prevents skin from becoming darker.
Hindustan Unilever: The TVC of New Domex Zero Stain claims that âZero Stainâ with a super on it stating âârefers to effective removal of commonly found toilet stains like lime scale and rust on regular usage (as per lab test)â thus creating a wrong impression that it removes all stains (100%). It then caveats itself with a super which contradicts the name clearly as it refers to only effective removal of commonly found toilet stains like lime scale and rust only.Â The antimicrobial test does not cover the causative micro-organisms for the diseases quoted in the TVC. The claim support data was not considered to be adequate to claim âzeroâ values in the context of the TVC.Â The decision of this complaint being UPHELD stands.
CCC found following claims in print ads by 25 differentÂ advertisersÂ were not substantiated, thus violating the ASCI Guidelines for Advertising of EducationalÂ InstitutionsÂ and hence the complaints against the ads wereÂ UPHELD:
- IIB (Indian Institute of Banking): Â Promises a bank job within 45 days.
- Think and Learn Pvt Ltd: Claims that in BYJU Classes one can âGet trained by Indiaâs best trainersâ, âno one can do it better.â It is âIndiaâs leading aptitude trainerâ.
- Alchemist: Claims that it gives the âBest CAT Result in Delhi once again 1 in 7â, âthe institute with highest percentage selections in CAT consistently for the 6th consecutive year.â
- Triumphant Institute of Management Education: T.I.M.E. compares their number of admissions in CAT 2012 with that of their nearest competition in Gujarat (Endeavor) without adequate substantiation.Â
- Info Edge (India): www.shiksha.com advertisement claims that one can âGet Info on IIM Distance MBA Now. Recognized by DEC, UGC. Enquire Now Shiksha.com/IIM+ Distance+ MBAâ.
- Kish Cat Classes: Their advertisement claims to give âGuaranteed admission in India's Top-20 best B-Schools.â
Complaints against advertisements of all the following educational institutes were UPHELD because of unsubstantiated claims that they âprovide 100% placement/AND/OR they claim to be the No.1 in their respective fieldsâ:
Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management, VKS College of Engg & Technology, College of Commerce, AIMS Education Campus, Bhai Gurdas Group of Institute, Fatima College of Engineering and Tech, Visskan Institute of Aviation Management, New Delhi Institute of Management, NCLP Computer Education, APG Shimla University, Sanjeevani Hospital, AICS (Academic Institute of Coaching & Studies), Takshshila Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rairangpur ITI/Baisingha ITI, Delhi Para Medical & Management Institute, Ambition Law Institute, RIMT Institutes, Bitcode Technologies
Think and Learn Pvt Ltd: The advertisement claims that in BYJU Classes âBy Serial CAT topperâ, which implies that consecutively year after year Mr BYJU is the CAT topper. â20,000 students are already learning from BYJU across India for CAT, making him Indiaâs No.1 CAT Trainerâ which implies that BYJU is currently training 20,000 students. âAn Â incredible 1,200 students in every batch of BYJUâ which implies that 1,200 students are learning in every batch of BYJU. The CCC concluded that the claims that BYJU is âSerial CAT topperâ and âIndiaâs No.1 CAT Trainerâ were not substantiated. The advertisement contravened Chapter I.1 of the Code, and was UPHELD.
Havells India: Havells Wires claims that they have âWires that donât catch fireâ, but the claim was not substantiated, and was misleading regarding the nature of the product, i.e., it being fire-proof. The ad contravened Chapters I.1 and I.4 of the Code.Â The complaint was UPHELD.
Elgi Ultra Industries: Endura Pressure Cookers states âAluminium causes Alzheimer, Kidney Damage, Parkinsonâs, Sclerosis, Dementia and Liver Damage.* It was concluded that the claims that âAluminium causes Alzheimerâsâ disease, liver damage, Parkinsonâs, Sclerosis, dementiaâ were not substantiated and were misleading by gross exaggeration.Â Â Also, the advertisement unfairly denigrated other products. The advertisement contravened Chapters I.1, I.4 and IV.1 (e) of the Code.Â The complaint was UPHELD.
Kent Ro System: Kent Mineral RO Water Purifier claims that it has âZero percent water wastage technologyâ, âretains essential mineralsâ, â100% purityâ. These claims are not substantiated as the product water is less than input and report shows 50% water produced as product water from feed water. Nil drainage only means the waste water is retained inside the system temporarily in the tank for reject water and hence the said claim is misleading by ambiguity. The advertisement contravened Chapters I.1 and I.4 of the Code.Â This complaint was UPHELD.
Bajaj Auto: The Bajaj Discover TVC shows the rider dangerously entering a small gap between two trailer trucks and he speeds and comes out. It is a wrong driving practice to overtake another vehicle on the left side. It is potentially risky to enter between two vehicles. CCC concluded that the actions depicted in the TVC were dangerous. The advertisement contravened the Guidelines on Advertisements for Automotive Vehicles and minimum lettering size and duration requirement of âSupersâ. The ad contravened Chapters III.3 and III.4 of the Code.Â The complaint was UPHELD.
Tata Teleservices: The advertisement of Tata Docomo depicts kids dancing in the ad in their bare minimums. CCC concluded that some frames in the TVC showing âscantily clad childrenâ objectify a childâs body which is likely, in the light of generally prevailing standards of decency and propriety, to cause grave offence.Â The advertisement contravened Chapter II of the Code. It was UPHELD.
Food & Beverages
The CCC concluded that the claims mentioned in these 8 advertisements were not substantiated. The ads contravened ASCIâs Code. The complaints were UPHELD.
- Ankur Herbals: Bherav Fast O Slim Herbal Tea claims that it is âMade from natural herbs, Fast o Slim keeps you healthy, light and activeâ, âRemoves impurities from the blood and helps control your body weight and reduces excess fatâ.
- GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare: The Horlicks commercial is downgrading milk as a liquid with bad smell and giving a negative image of it to the children.
- Jolly Pharma: The advertisement of Jolly Fat Go claims that âuncontrollable weight can be controlled that too without dietingâ.
- Ganesh Grains: The advertisement of Ganesh Atta claims that is a âhealthier than ordinary flour and helpful for digestion.â
- Shudh Plus pan Masala: The advertisement states that âchhotuâ is free with the shudh plus paan masala but does not describe chhotu which is in fact chewing tobacco.Â This paan masala company is giving a tobacco sachet free with the paan masala product. In India advertisement of tobacco products is illegal but the brand is openly advertising the product on FM radio and giving it for free.
- Saboo Sodium Chrolo: Surya Namak states that salt improves memory, and that in turn improves the grades in school.
- Gujarat Co-operative Milk Federation: Amul Butter claims that one can âeat milk with every meal, delight your health, eat milk with every meal and live every day, worry-free.â
Marico Ltd: The advertisement of Saffola Total states that âDouble ratio of 2 to 1 in antioxidants vs. olive oil. Â The CCC concluded that the claim, â2 X double the antioxidant power than olive oilâ, was inadequately substantiated.Â The context of using the comparison of antioxidant power along with the claim regarding benefits of antioxidants for heart was also misleading. The advertisement contravened Chapters I.1 and 1.4 of the Code.Â This complaint was UPHELD.
Four various Astrologersâ advertisements making misleading claims like:
- 1.Â Â Â All India Open Challenge, 100% solution within 2 hrs for A to Z problems â Mirza Khan Bharti
- 2.Â Â Â 100% Solution within 7 hours. Come all your problems will be solved. â Baba Wasim Khan
- 3.Â Â Â A to Z problems confirm solution with 2 hours 100% with guaranteed â Miyan Abdul Haeej
- 4.Â Â Â If you are disappointed in business, domestic disturbance, love marriage, then come and get 101% solution in 5 hours â Baba Alam Shah
These Astrology ads spread superstitious ideologies and practices such as Black Magic which are scientifically not proven. They cause disappointment in the minds of consumers.Â The advertisement contravened Chapters I.1 and I.5 of the ASCI Code.Â The complaint was UPHELD.
Kalyan Jewellers: The advertisement states that âthis is the result of Kalyanâs historical fight which they fought against wrong deeds of many jewelers who have taken undue advantage of uneducated customers and have infringed their rights and committed fraud with their hard earned moneyâ. The CCC concluded that the claims made in the advertisement were not substantiated.Â Also, the advertisement unfairly denigrates other jewelers by implication.Â Â The advertisement contravened Chapters I.1 and IV.1 (e) of the Code.Â The complaint was UPHELD.
Telemart Shopping: The advertisement of Chole wale Hanuman Ji shows some TV actors claiming that if they buy the Chole wale Hanuman ji product, it would help the buyer get rid of the all the problems in their life. CCC concluded that the claims in the TVC were not substantiated and were so exaggerated as to lead to grave or widespread disappointment in the minds of consumers.Â The advertisement contravened Chapters I.1 and I.5 of the ASCI Code. The complaint was UPHELD.
xoxo skyshop.com: The advertisement is ofÂ âSuraksha Kawachâ, which claims to keep you safe from black magic, ghosts, negative vibes, etc. CCC viewed the website content of the advertiser that hosts the product complained against. In absence of any substantiation, the complaint was UPHELD as it violated Chapter I.1 of the ASCI code.
Olympia Incorporation: The advertisement of Mileage Plus claims that it can help âsave petrol & increase your vehicle mileage up to 70%â, âincreases average 25% to 70% (approx.)â,Â âincreases power & performance of vehicleâ, âreduces engine noise & vibrationâ, âincreasing burning efficiencyâ, âincreasing engine oil lifeâ, âproven results of mileage plus kits already installed.â The CCC concluded that the claims made in the Ad were not substantiated.Â The advertisement contravened Chapter I.1 of the Code.Â The complaint was UPHELD.
Pernod Ricard India: The advertisement of Seagram Imperial Blue (in Bengali) shows two hands holding conch-shells touching each other (conch-shells are used while worshipping Gods by Hindus). At the bottom of the hoarding âUllashâ has been written, which means cheers. This is a surrogate ad for alcohol. CCC concluded that the ad was a surrogate ad for a liquor product, Seagramâs Imperial Blue, and contravened Chapter III.6 of the Code.Â The complaint was UPHELD.
Titan Industries: CCC reviewed the TVC and concluded that portion of the TVC showing three pairs of hands was implying indecent activity. This complaint was UPHELD as the TVC contravened Chapter II of the ASCI code.
Taylor Devices India: The advertisement states: âDo you know when earthquake occurs in other countries (what happens to the building). Technology used on earthquake.â Statement said in the ad: âBIS code 1960 of Research & Technology used/mentioned.â BIS trademark given is wrong. CCC reviewed the radio ad. CCC concluded that the claim of BIS standards not being updated since 1960 was not substantiated, and claim was misleading by omission. The advertisement contravened Chapters I.1 and I.4 of the Code.Â The complaint was UPHELD.
www.firstcry.com: The advertisement claims that âEverything at Re. 1â. CCC concluded that the claim offer of âEverything @ Re.1â is misleading. The ad contravened Chapter I.4 of the Code.Â The complaint was UPHELD.
Uptec: The advertisement claims that it is the âWinner of Best Performance Award 2012â. The CCC concluded that the claim was not substantiated. It contravened Chapter I.1 of the Code. The complaint was UPHELD.