Celebrating Silver Jubilee, the channel felicitated the winners of their sixth edition of awards at a grand ceremony in New Delhi
BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | April 16, 2013
The NDTV ‘Indian of the Year’ Awards are held annually to recognise Indians whose contribution to the country have strengthened the foundation of our society and helped build Brand India.
Celebrating their Silver Jubilee NDTV announced the winners of their sixth edition of 'Indians of the Year’ awards at a grand ceremony with the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh as Chief Guest; Guest of Honour Sushma Swaraj, Leader of the Opposition. Also present were Chief Ministers Sheila Dikshit, Omar Abdullah and Dr Mukul Sangma; Guests of Honour BJP President Rajnath Singh, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, I&B Minister Manish Tiwari, Minister in the PMO Narayanswamy, Minister of State for Home Affairs RPN Singh; Justices JS Verma and Leila Seth, film stars Kareena Kapoor, Sridevi and Farhan Akhtar; Olympians Gagan Narang and Yogeshwar Dutt and the 'unsung heroes' like IAS officer Rajni Sekhri Sibal and the 'braveheart' of India's family; Sukanya Shankar wife of Late Pandit Ravi Shankar and the late Yash Chopra's wife Pamela, along with MPs Ravi Shankar Prasad, NK Singh and D Raja among other well known personalities from all walks of life.
Congratulating NDTV on turning 25 this year, Dr Mannohan Singh, Prime Minister and Chief Guest said, “The period of 25 years that NDTV has been in business is also broadly the period of economic reforms in our country. I am also very happy that NDTV has taken up many campaigns on vital issues such as education, health and environment. I hope to see many more channels put in such efforts. ".
The eminent awardees were:
1. Daughter of India – Nirbhaya
2. Justice for the Indian woman - Justice J.S Verma the JS Verma Committee: Justice Leila Seth and Gopal Subramaniam
3. Lifestyle Achievement Awards - Late Yash Raj Chopra, Late Pandit Ravi Shankar and Dr. C Pratap Reddy, Founder Chairperson, Apollo Hospital Group
4. Sportspersons of the year - Gagan Narang and Yogeshwar Dutt
5. Business Leader of the year - N Chandrashekaran, Tata Consulting Services
6. Entertainer of the year - Sridevi
7. Entertainer of the decade -Kareena Kapoor
8. LIC Unsung Hero - Rajni Sekhri Sibal