Largest music service on web in India now available for Android, iOS, Blackberry, Nokia, and Samsung phones as a free app
BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | January 16, 2013
Times Internet (TIL) has announced that it has developed mobile applications for its flagship online music portal, Gaana.com. Simultaneously, Gaana is now available as an application for Android, iOS, Blackberry and J2ME devices, giving music lovers access to millions of songs on their mobile phones. Users can now listen to music wherever they like – on their way to work, on a treadmill, while waiting for a train or when peacefully enjoying a great day outside.
Gaana's mobile applications have been built to provide a full-service music experience, creating more depth than any offering available today. Some of its features include:
- Access to over 1 million songs, including Bollywood, Hollywood, Tamil, Telegu, and regional music
- Social listening: see what your friends are listening to
- My Zone: An ability to see your history, your favourite songs, playlists, albums and artists across your computer or mobile phone (automatically synced in real-time across all devices)
- Radio mode: Make your own radio station automatically, based on any song you play, using our proprietary recommendation algorithm
- Easy interactions: One-click abilities to favorite a song or share a playlist, via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- The best curated playlists from radio channels like Radio Mirchi and others, to help you find new music you'll love
- The service is completely free to the end user
According to Comscore (November 2012), Gaana has been the leading music service on web, with nearly 3 million visitors per month, who spend nearly 2.5x more time per visit than visitors of other music sites in India.
Satyan Gajwani, CEO, Times Internet, said, “We are so proud of the Gaana experience on mobile. Indian consumers love their music, and we've built a product that matches their expectations for excellence across every screen that matters to them. Gaana on mobile is feature-rich and intuitive to use, and we intend to use this as a base to build even more functionality and offerings for our users, across all platforms."
The app is available for download free of cost by visiting gaana.com on your mobile phone, or on the iTunes App Store, Google Play Store, Blackberry App World, Nokia Ovi Store or Samsung App Store.
Take a walkthrough of the video of the Gaana App: gaana.com/wow