CNBC-TV18 lines up special programming on Budget 2012
‘Will it lead to bounce-back or breakdown’, special initiative on CNBC-TV18, CNBC AWAAZ & Moneycontrol.com
BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | March 6, 2012
Expectations from Union Budget 2012 are running high especially with the Indian economy witnessing a surge in different sectors and given the performance of the government in the last year. With policy paralysis, confidence issues owing to multiple scams, the government faces severe confidence issues. While the FM seeks an optimum balance blend of short term needs and long term goals of our economy, the budget is the platform for the govt. to set the tone for achieving the tough balancing act of growth vs fiscal prudence as well as restore public faith.
Considering the complex nature of opportunities and challenges facing the Indian economy this year, the CNBC Channels will approach Budget 2012 with a theme that epitomizes the expectant atmosphere prevalent today and seeks to answer the big question, “Will Budget 2011 lead to bounce back or breakdown?”
Commenting on the budget programming, Anil Uniyal, CEO, CNBC-TV18 and CNBC AWAAZ said, “CNBC-TV18 & CNBC AWAAZ have always set the tone to establish new benchmarks in budget coverage for over a decade. This year as well, the channels promise to deliver a comprehensive mix of special programming & initiatives focusing on budget expectations, analysis & impact across communities through multiple approaches & formats. This year’s budget is critical for the government and the economy to strike a balance between growth and fiscal discipline and price stability. With a panel of leading experts, think-tanks and India’s best editorial minds, CNBC-TV18 and CNBC Awaaz are all set to provide the most comprehensive analysis of the Union Budget 2012”.
CNBC-TV18 & CNBC AWAAZ have launched a special line-up of initiatives analyzing the challenges and opportunities facing the FM this year and also air views and expectations of stakeholders across the country. These initiatives will include editorial shows, ground events, on-air segments and vignettes and other special initiatives.
CNBC-TV18 PRE BUDGET ON-AIR PROGRAMMING
Culminating with the Budget announcement, CNBC-TV18, India’s No.1 Business medium, will present a host of special shows, led by India’s most experienced business editorial team that’ll focus on key aspects of the Govt.’s fiscal policy. Some key properties are as follows:
- BUDGET & YOU: A special show with Anuradha SenGupta, talking to the consumer and marketers to know how the Budget affects you and your consumption, this Monday 5th March at 7pm
- WHAT THE WORLD WANTS – With India being seen increasingly as a star emerging market and an anchor of the future economic order, will that view shape the global market expectations from Budget 2012? An exclusive 2 part show on what global investors are expecting and how the Budget can impact their India investing philosophy, with Udayan Mukherjee, Tuesday 6th March at 7 pm and Thursday, 8th March 2012 at 8:30 and 10:30 pm.
- TAXING TIMES: India is a services led economy and over the past few years the government has been adding to the numbers of services covered by service tax. Now as we migrate to GST it will be important to see how the services sector deals issues like negative list, excise credits, place of supply, point of taxation and service tax disputes. Catch this special show with Menaka Doshi, on Wednesday 7th March 2012, at 7 pm
- GLOOM TO GROWTH: Even with a tight monetary policy, the budget cannot endlessly provide for infrastructure, food subsidy etc. So what are the new ideas that need to be explored to get investments into Indian infrastructure from within and overseas. What have the previous budgets done and what more needs to be done. All the questions that need to be answered for India to see growth from gloom with Siddharth Zarabi, Thursday 8th March 2012 at 6:30 pm.
- PF DIARIES: As we await Budget 2012, the biggest question on everyone’s mind, is how the Budget will impact our wallet, how can you maximize your wealth, as we countdown to the Budget? Catch PF Diaries with Avni Raja on Thursday 8th March 2012 at 7 pm.
- BUDGET POLL 2012 WITH BMR: A special show that presents and analyses the findings of an extensive joint poll conducted by BMR and CNBC-TV18 where almost 10,000 respondents, from different strata of society share their wishlist for Budget 201 ranging from tax reforms to anti-avoidance provisions, to FDIs and more. Catch this show with Shereen Bhan on Friday, 9th March 2012 at 7 pm
- YOUNG TURKS BUDGET SPECIAL: The last 12 months have seen a lot of ups and downs in Indian industry And the Young Turks of Indian Business are ready with their demands for the Finance Minister. Shereen Bhan talks to India’s youngest CEOs in education, health, retail, agriculture and more, to find out their expectations from this Budget with Shereen Bhan through March
- REIGNING THE FISCAL: With political constraints on taking tough steps on subsidies, the answer to fiscal consolidation lies in monetizing government assets. The only thing holding back the government is the government itself. What sort of medium range roadmap can/will the Budget set for itself? How will the FM reconcile this need versus the pressure from the party for issues pertaining to the likes of the Food Security Bill or throwing more money at the NREGA? The big ideas of the Budget, to answer the forever looming question of how fiscal deficit can be reigned, with Siddharth Zarabi, soon on CNBC-TV18.
Apart from these special programmes, CNBC-TV18 will also feature power packed segments & vignettes. These will focus on an array of opinions ranging from CEOs, global players to the common man on the street. In addition to the on-air programming, CNBC-TV18 will also deliver multiple on-ground discussions that will bring together policy-makers, industry leaders, top analysts & multiple stakeholders across the nation to dwell on and discuss the expectations from Budget 2012.