RBNL posts highest ever quarter income in Q4, 2010
Records strong growth in its radio operations which remained EBIT positive.
BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | May 30, 2011
Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd., one of Indiaâs youngest multi-media conglomerates closed the quarter ending March 2011. The Company, which has play across the businesses of radio, television, out of home and Intellectual Property, announces its results on the back of strong growth in its radio operations which remained EBIT positive.
The board of directors of the Company has decided to close the books of accounts as on March 31, 2011 and accordingly to restrict the current financial year which commenced on October 1, 2010 to a period of six months.
Consolidated â accounting period ended March 31, 2011
- Total revenue of Rs. 141 crores
Standalone Key Performance - quarter ended March 31, 2011 vs. quarter ended March 31, 2010
- RBNL recorded revenues of Rs. 71 Cr, up by 30%
- Radio Operations records revenue of Rs. 47 Cr up by 25%
- Radio remains EBITDA positive at Rs. 9 Cr, growth of 176%
- Radio inventory utilization growth of 20%
- Intellectual Property business revenues grew by a remarkable 240% to Rs. 15 Cr on the back of 8 properties
- OOH business posted a robust 15% growth sales performance driven by innovation and marquee properties
92.7 BIG FM:
- The official radio partner for the ICC World Cup, 92.7 BIG FM integrated two great passions- âCricket and Bollywoodâ through its unique offering âTVS Tyres Bollywood Ka World Cupâ, across its 45 stations
- 92.7 BIG FM and BBC Radio came together for a unique offering bridging borders, aptly titled âMusic beyond Bordersâ, which had âStringsâ from Pakistani and âEuphoriaâ of India jam together
- The radio network hosted a special property titled âConstitution of Musicâ to observe the forming of the Constitution of India on Republic Day. The initiative saw the coming together of 45 children across the network of 92.7 BIG FM to chorus the Vande Mataram together
- On air innovation included the launch of 2 big national shows - Yaadon ka Idiot Box, aÂ unique story telling format show, interspersed with music and Love Aaj Kal with one of FMâs biggest RJâs, Junaid.
- BIG 30 Countdown, the evening drive show consistently rated No. 1 show in Mumbai
- BIG FM Stations in Bangalore and Kolkata continue to be leaders in both cities.
- The BIG STAR IMA Awards was hosted in association with the Indian Music Academy and the Star TV Network. The event saw excellent participation and was a resounding success.
- BIG LIVE also executed 7 regional properties in the quarter, including Entertainment awards in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Punjab and Tamil Nadu, Movie awards in Telegu and Bangla and Music awards in Assam
- The Marathi Entertainment awards was especially successful with a TVR of 5.7 for the Mumbai market, elevatingÂ our telecast partner ETV from a No. 3 to a No. 1 position for that week
- The quarter saw the launch of Indiaâs first International entertainment channel targeted at the contemporary urban couple with BIG CBS Love. The Channel, within just 3 weeks of launch enjoys a 23% relative market share, amongst 25- 44 Yrs SEC AB Women.
- BIG CBS Prime continued its impressive performance beating stiff competition to attract upper SEC young males across the 7 metros. The Channel currently enjoys a 41% relative market share amongst 25-44 yrs SEC AB Males.
- RBNL made its entry in the regional television space with the launch of BIG MAGIC, Indiaâs first entertainment channel exclusively for the core Hindi heartland of UP, MP and Bihar. BIG MAGIC already ranks No. 1 amongst regional channels, making a significant impact in a just a short time since launch.
- BIG Street opened a new gateway to advertisers with the Delhi Airport Metro Express. A premium marquee property, that gives advertisers access to the hard to reach air traveler. The same opened with key clients like Carlson Hotels and PEPSI
- BIG Street executed an industry first and spectacular out of home innovation with aÂ full train wrap for PEPSI as part of its World Cup campaign, at the Delhi Airport Metro Express
- The business commercially launched the sleek, interactive and motion capable digital pods across the DMRC Stations and key malls in Delhi
- Commercially launched street furniture across high traffic zones in and around the CWG village, Akshardham and ITO
Commenting on the performance, Tarun Katial, Chief Executive Officer, Reliance Broadcast Network Limited said, âOur radio business is at a mature stage and has delivered good results, continuing to demonstrate the confidence of advertisers in the brand. RBNL has successfully entered the television business with a strategy of targeting the top end audiences in metros & mass audiences in central India, while seamlessly integrating with our other business verticals. Our media offerings across the verticals of out of home and intellectual properties too, have further strengthened, creating an integrated and comprehensive offering from RBNL for customers, while continuing to creating value for shareholders.â