Reliance Broadcast Network Records Highest Quarter Revenue
Reliance ADA Group’s media arm continues to be EBITDA positive, posts quarter revenue of Rs.52.16 crore.
BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | August 10, 2010
Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd. (earlier known as Reliance Media World Ltd.), part of the Reliance ADA Group and one of India’s youngest media houses exited Q1FY10-11 recording highest quarter revenues. The Company, which has recently transformed itself from a radio company, to a multi-media entity, announces its results on the back of strong growth in the radio and out of home business.
Key Performance Indicators for Q1 of FY10-11:
- RBNL recorded highest quarter revenue of Rs.52.16 crore
- Over 1200 clients serviced per month
- 7.4 % growth in radio broadcasting revenue as against Q4 of FY09-10
- Radio business maintained 21% market share making BIG FM one of the largest radio players in the country
- Radio inventory utilization stood at impressive 64%
- OOH business acquired significant inventories on a long term PPP basis
- The experiential marketing business saw a growth of 22% against Q4 of FY09-10
- Quarter growth in Digital income by 109.4%
Key Business Highlights for Q1FY10-11:
- Launched evening drive show, BIG 30 Countdown, a daily national countdown show aired across 35 Hindi speaking markets, along with a co-branded TVC with Hrithik Roshan for the film Kites
- The Delhi Station launched Thoda Personal, a contemporary mid-morning show
- Continued emphasis on new business development led to increased revenues from new clients on BIG FM, in categories ranging television channels, cellular phone service, jewelry, real estate, telecom, internet, automotive sector, aerated soft drinks and education
- 92.7 BIG FM is a clear leader in Bangalore and Kolkata [Blore: 109 Weeks Average 12+ Share, In Kolkata: 111 weeks Average Share 12 + SEC ABC]. The Mumbai Station has grown to the No. 4 position in the very cluttered and competitive market [Mum: 8 Weeks Average 12+ Share]. The brand stands at No. 2 on listenership across the 5 metros of – Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata and Hyderabad [4 Metro RAM 4 week Average Cumes 12 +, Hyd IRS R2 2009 - last week listenership].
- The quarter saw BIG Street winning the very prestigious Line III of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), for a 5 year period
- BIG Street bagged the contract for setting up of Digital Pods across key DMRC’s premium underground stations for 8 years
- BIG Street acquired a significant portfolio, covering over 19 kms of high advertising demand locations ranging the ITO Bridge, Nizamuddin Bridge, road from Akshar Dham to ITO Chungi and the inner roads of Yamuna Sports Complex for a 22 year period
- BIG Street bagged the street furniture makeover with the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) on Central Public Works Department (CPWD) roads for a 22 year period
- BIG Street won the 483 strong bus network of the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking, touching over 2 million people each day.
- BIG Live joined hands with The Indian Music Academy, to create India’s largest and most credible Music Awards – the BIG IMA Awards 2010
- The quarter saw BIG Live also announcing local music awards with the BIG Bangla Music Awards, BIG Kannada Music Awards and the BIG Marathi Music Awards
- Key experiential marketing offerings executed by BIG Live included Samsung brand launch in Colombo, dealer event for Godrej & Boyce, Raavan music launch and promotional tour, Minute Maid-launch of Apple Mixed Fruit Variants, Elkos School campaign, celebration of 5 lakh sale of Tata Ace, India’s largest animation fair MACC Convention and customer engagement by TVS Scooty.
- BIG Digital launched ‘BIG Non Stop Masti’ offering exclusive high demand entertaining programming capsules through short-code 5055454
- BIG Digital’s partnership with India’s largest telecom VAS provider, OnMobile Global Ltd., saw the launch of BIG Mobile Radio on the Idea Cellular platform, offering mobile users the option to listen to multi-lingual specially programmed channels anywhere in India.
Commenting on the performance, Tarun Katial, Chief Executive Officer, RBNL said, “We have continued to remain EBITDA positive for the quarter which is very encouraging. With a clear business mandate to seek long term, low risk and quick payback inventory in the out of home business, we have made some significant strides in the properties that we have acquired, which promise to add to the revenues of the business and bottom-line. It is our integrated multi-media sales approach that has borne fruit, resulting in increased sales across the business verticals. Phase III, expected to happen shortly will take the business penetration deeper into the country, working as an impetus for parallel growth of all business verticals and contributing significantly to the return on investment for stakeholders.”