Wavemaker India has launched IPL 2021 study created by Mesh – the real-time data intelligence solution by Wavemaker. The report captures the social conversations around IPL 2021, for both phase I and phase II.
Phase I refers to matches played in India from April 9 to May 2, 2021, and Phase II refers to matches played in UAE from September 19 to October 16, 2021.
This analysis is based on multiple data points collated to create meaningful and actionable insights.
The report has data sources from multiple consumer touchpoints across the digital ecosystem ranging from social listening, video analytics in partnership with Intuitive Intelligence, Interaction data points collected from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Key highlights from this season’s report:
● Popularity and excitement around IPL in India continue to grow year on year.
● Social chatter around the tournament grew by 33% over last year and crossed 80+ million mentions this season.
● In a unique situation this year where the season had to be split into two phases, phase one which was played in India garnered more mentions (42 million) than phase 2 (38 million) which was played in UAE recently.
● In phase one of the event, telecom brand Vi was the buzziest brand in the season. Vi continued to engage Fans with ‘Fan of the Match’ activity during IPL hours. phase two of the IPL this year, Dream11 emerged as the buzziest advertiser.
● After Vi, it was Vivo, Unacademy and Cred which created a buzz on the advertiser leader board.
● The study found new advertisers Paytm, and Ceat in the top five buzziest advertisers.
● ‘Indranagar ka Gunda hun main', the famed ad of Rahul Dravid for Cred was the most viral advertisement this IPL season.
● In phase 2, #GoodLuckGirls by Cadbury Dairy Milk emerged as the most viral ad.
● 4th-time IPL winner CSK were the buzziest team in IPL 2021.
● Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni and Rohit Sharma were the most popular players in this IPL season