Three of the winning campaigns at the inaugural global WARC Awards 2017 came from India in the Brands with Purpose category, in which four Gold, three Silver and three Bronze have been awarded altogether.
BBDO India won Gold for 'Dads Share the Load' campaign for its continuation of the hugely effective original campaign of detergent brand Ariel’s engagement with its Indian audience about gender inequality in housework.
Soap brand Lifebuoy's 'Future Child' campaign by MullenLowe Singapore and MullenLowe Lintas Group India won Gold for successfully changing mothers' hand-washing habits in India with an emotional campaign about child mortality.
Surf Excel’s campaign ‘When embracing dirt became an act of faith’ by Lowe Lintas India won a Bronze. It also ran in Pakistan.
There were four shortlists from India. BBDO, Lowe Lintas won awards. J. Walter Thompson's 'Getting India to say Good K'night even in the morning' was among the shortlisted ones from India.
The Brand Purpose category rewards the best marketing initiatives that have successfully embraced a brand purpose and achieved commercial success as well as a benefit for a wider community.
The jury, a panel of 13 senior industry professionals chaired by Jim Stengel, President/CEO, The Jim Stengel Company, awarded four Gold, three Silver and three Bronze. Two winning campaigns came from the UK and two from Canada. Australia, UAE and US saw one winner each.
The Grand Prix and winners of the three Special Awards in particular areas of excellence–Longevity Award, Analytics Award and Partnership Award–will be announced at an event in London on September 20 2017.
The list of Gold, Silver and Bronze winners are:
● Ariel Matic · Dads Share The Load · BBDO India · India
● Lifebuoy · Future Child · MullenLowe Singapore, MullenLowe Lintas Group India · India
● SPC / Goulburn Valley / Ardmona · #MyFamilyCan · Leo Burnett Melbourne · Australia
● Whirlpool · Care Counts: Brand purpose can make a difference · DigitasLBi · North America
● Huggies · No Baby Unhugged · Ogilvy, Mindshare · Canada
● Persil · The radicalisation of Persil · MullenLowe London · United Kingdom
● Art Fund · From purpose to profit · 101 · United Kingdom
● Emirates NBD · The AC Vests · FP7/Dubai, MediaVest Spark · United Arab Emirates
● Surf Excel · When embracing dirt became an act of faith · MullenLowe Lintas Group · India, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates