Discovery Kids to take kids on an exciting voyage with Tintin
The 39-episode series, ‘The Adventures of Tintin’, will be aired from January 26 daily at 2 PM
BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | January 14, 2013
Discovery Kids is set to air ‘The Adventures of Tintin’, an animated adaptation of one of the most popular comic classics of all times, every day at 2 PM with repeat telecast at 8 PM starting January 26. Tintin and his faithful dog Snowy are back to keep peace in the world in this 39-episode series.
‘The Adventures of Tintin’ is full of humour and excitement with elements of fantasy and mystery which kids will adore. The intrepid young reporter and his trusty sidekick Snowy travel around the world accompanied by a colourful cast of characters including the blustery Captain Haddock, the brilliant but absent-minded Professor Calculus and the detective twins Thompson and Thomson.
Rahul Johri, Senior VP and General Manager - South Asia, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, said, “Discovery Kids is excited to present the animated adaptation of this timeless comic. Children will relate with the inquisitive, intelligent and brave Tintin who as an investigative reporter sparks wonder and curiosity in every adventure.”
The heroic quests of Tintin advocate the power of imaginative minds that overcome challenging cases in an innovative way. Some of the adventures in the series include:
- A mysterious label from an empty crab tin leads Tintin and Snowy to a dangerous encounter with a gang of ruthless smugglers
- With a little help from detectives Thompson and Thompson, Tintin, Snowy and Captain Haddock attempt to bring an international smuggling operation to justice
- An antique model of an old sailing ship reveals a secret that could lead Tintin and Snowy to an ancient treasure
- A greedy collector takes drastic measures to prevent Tintin, Snowy and Captain Haddock from trying to collect three parts of an ancient treasure map
- With the help of the eccentric Professor Calculus, Tintin, Snowy and Captain Haddock embark on a voyage to recover the sunken treasure of the legendary pirate, Red Rackman
- After promising to assist a befuddled archeologist to locate the missing tombs of an ancient pharaoh, Tintin and Snowy make a dangerous discovery
- Tintin and Snowy travel to Hong Kong where they join forces with a society dedicated to eliminate smuggling
- Tintin and Snowy travel to a mysterious island near Scotland which they suspect is the source of counterfeit money scheme
- After receiving a telegram from Professor Calculus, Tintin and Captain Haddock travel to meet him at the atomic centre in Syldavia. They soon discover that the secret rocket ship documents have been stolen
- Tintin, Captain Haddock, Calculus, the Thompsons and Wolff uncover the wonders of the moon. They also discover another person onboard the rocket ship, who threatens to leave them all stranded on moon
Discovery Kids was launched in Asia-Pacific on April 2, 2012. The channel is currently distributed to over 17 million subscribers in the region.