CNBC-TV18 Thursday said it captured a relative share of 88.2% during the Union Budget 2023 speech by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
As per the latest data released by the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC), CNBC-TV18 captured the maximum market share at 88.2%, leaving the only competitor ET Now behind at 11.8%. (BARC; market share% 1100-1230 hrs, TG: 22 AB M+, 10L+, Wk 05’23, Budget Speech)
The channel said it also remained on top throughout the budget day (February 1, 2023) by capturing over one-third of the market share.
CNBC-TV18 featured a line-up of renowned experts from business, finance and markets to decode the Budget. Industry titans such as Sanjiv Mehta (HUL), Sanjiv Puri (ITC), Sanjiv Bajaj (Bajaj Finserv), Anish Shah (Mahindra Group), along with market veterans such as Ramesh Damani, Madhu Kela, S Naren, Shankar Sharma, Prashant Khemka, Sunil Singhania, etc. Industry heavyweights such as Tarun Bajaj (Former Revenue Secretary), Sajjid Chinoy (JP Morgan India), Raamdeo Agrawal (Motilal Oswal Financial Services), Dinesh Kanabar (Dhruva Advisors) and Ashok Wadhwa (Ambit) were among the CNBC-TV18 Budget special guest editors, who brought in their expert analysis to the table this year.