Debabrata Mukherjee (Debu), Chief Marketing Officer, United Breweries, was elected as the Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2021-2022.
Pratap G Pawar, Publisher Member on the Council, was elected as the Deputy Chairman of the Bureau for the year 2021-2022.
Members on the Bureau’s Council of Management for the year 2021-2022 are as under:
1. Debabrata Mukherjee, United Breweries – Chairman
2. Karunesh Bajaj, ITC
3. Aniruddha Haldar, TVS Motor Company
4. Shashank Srivastava, Maruti Suzuki India.
1. Pratap G Pawar - Sakal Papers – Dy. Chairman
2. Riyad Mathew - Malayala Manorama - Secretary
3. Devendra V Darda - Lokmat Media
4. Hormusji N. Cama – The Bombay Samachar
5. Shailesh Gupta - Jagran Prakashan
6. Praveen Someshwar – HT Media
7. Mohit Jain – Bennett, Coleman & Co.
8. Dhruba Mukherjee – ABP Pvt. Ltd.
Advertising agencies representatives
1. Vikram Sakhuja, Madison Communications – Treasurer
2. Shashidhar Sinha, Mediabrands India
3. Srinivasan K Swamy, RK Swamy BBDO
4. Ashish Bhasin, Dentsu International
Mukherjee started his career with Unilever India and after a four-year stint, he joined Coca-Cola in 1998 as Franchise Manager for Mumbai. He held several roles of increasing responsibility in the operations of The Coca-Cola Company in India, Korea and South-West Asia. He left the services of The Coca-Cola Company as the Vice-President of South West Asia operations to join the Hindustan Times group in April 2018. During his stint as the Executive Director at Hindustan Times, he anchored the creation and implementation of strategies for revenue growth. He joined the United Breweries group in 2019.
He has served as an independent director on the board of Anand Bazaar Patrika group. He has been part of the Audit Bureau of Circulations, Council of Management since 2011 and has served as the Chairman of the Council.