Ogilvy Mumbai and Good Morning Mumbai were India’s Pencil winners this year in The One Show 2021, as announced on Thursday by The One Club for Creativity during the online global Creative Week 2021.
Rising Star Awards 2021 Entry Deadline - Friday, June 11, 2021 -
Ogilvy working with Good Morning was awarded a One Show 2021 Silver Pencil for “The Artist” on behalf of Savlon in Health, Wellness & Pharma, Branded Content.
The work also received a Bronze in Branded Entertainment, Short Form Video – Single, and a Merit in Branded Entertainment, Short Form Video – Single.
The Artist Film:
India’s other One Show 2021 Pencil was a Bronze, going to Good Morning with Dentsu Impact for My Choices Foundation “Chotu” in Moving Image Craft, Cinematography – Single.
Other One Show 2021 Merit winners from India are below:
- Famous Innovations Mumbai “The Photograph that Wasn’t” for The Photographic Society of India in Print, Craft – Writing
- Grey India Mumbai “Man Enough: Shaving Stereotypes” for Procter & Gamble India/Gillette in Moving Image Craft, Casting
- Ogilvy Mumbai with Wavemaker and Country Boyz Films, all in Mumbai, and Delta X Bangalore, “#NotJustACadburyAd” for Mondelez in Direct Marketing, Craft – Data-Driven Personalization
- Subhajit Mukherjee with Little Lamb Films and Wunderman Thompson India, all in Mumbai, “Stay Safe behind the #DoorsOfIndia” for Tata Pravesh in Music & Sound Craft, Sound Editing
- Wunderman Thompson India Mumbai “Jeep Iconography” for Celica Jeep in Film, Under 50K Budget
- Wunderman Thompson India Mumbai “Save Our Sentinels” for Jimmy Nelson Foundation in Design, Craft – Photography
- Wunderman Thompson India Mumbai “Save Our Sentinels” for Jimmy Nelson Foundation in Design, Moving Image – Series
Globally, AMV BBDO London was a big winner at The One Show 2021, winning Best of Show, six Best of Discipline awards, and being named the show’s Agency of the Year. The agency won all of its 12 Gold Pencils this year on behalf of client Libresse, with Best of Show going to “#wombpainstories”, which won Gold in Integrated, Interactive & Online, and Public Relations.
Other top Gold Pencil winners for the year include Area 23 New York with Claire’s Place Foundation Redondo Beach with 13 Golds for “Sick Beats” on behalf of Woojer. Also with 13 One Show Golds is FCB New York, all for “Michelob ULTRA Courtside” for Michelob ULTRA, Microsoft and the NBA.
This year’s top One Show honours, based upon cumulative scores for Pencils and Merits won across all disciplines, are:
Agency of the Year — AMV BBDO London
Independent Agency of the Year — Translation Brooklyn
In-House Agency of the Year — Spotify In-House
Network of the Year — BBDO Worldwide
Creative Holding Company of the Year — Interpublic Group
Production Company of the Year — Chelsea Pictures
Music & Sound Company of the Year — 750mph
Client of the Year — Libresse
The One Show 2021 special awards
This year marked the inaugural One Show Fusion Pencil, the advertising and design industry’s first global awards to recognize great work that best incorporates diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) principles and underrepresented groups in both the creative content of the work and the team that made it.
The first winners of this important award were FCB Inferno with Partizan, both in London, “This Girl Can” for Sport England, and The Bloc New York “The Call” for Empowher NY.
There were two winners of The One Show 2021 Green Pencil, recognizing the most environmentally conscious creative work for the year: Havas Turkey İstanbul “Water Index” for Reckitt/Finish, and Ogilvy Poland Warsaw “Green Instructions” for LEGO.
The One Show 2021 Sustainable Development Goals Pencil, created in cooperation with the United Nations Office for Partnerships and nonprofit PVBLIC Foundation to reward agencies and brands who utilize their talents and resources to create work which betters the world and contributes to securing a sustainable future for all, went to:
- DDB Group Germany Berlin with DaHouse Audio Berlin, Blockworks London and MediaMonks Hilversum “The Uncensored Library” for Reporters Without Borders
- MullenLowe New York with MediaHub “The UNSeen Story” for UN Women
- Ogilvy Pakistan Islamabad “Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration” for Telenor Pakistan
The One Show Cultural Driver Gold Pencil, recognizing influential ideas and executions that had a major impact in their respective cultures and environments, and exist outside the traditional categories in advertising and design, went to Edelman New York “A New Jingle for a New Era” for Good Humor, and Translation Brooklyn with Prettybird Los Angeles “You Love Me” for Beats by Dre.
The prestigious One Show Penta Pencil, awarded to the agency and brand who together have created stellar creative work for the last five years, was presented to Saatchi & Saatchi New York and Procter & Gamble-Tide.
A total of 17,719 pieces were entered in The One Show 2021 from 65 countries. Agencies, studios, brands, production companies and designers in 54 countries were awarded 173 Gold Pencils, 161 Silver, 224 Bronze and 1,102 Merits.