Best Media Info

Editor’s Picks
Cannes Lions 2018

Guest Times

ALTBalaji enters kids’ entertainment, launches original animated shows

The platform launched three shows -- Moe Doe, Ding Dong Bell and Happy Lucky Ki Katti Batti along with an animated nursery rhymes show. The platform has 25-30 hours of original programming

After foraying into the digital entertainment space with original shows a month back, ALTBalaji has entered the kids’ entertainment segment on digital. Its kid’s section consists of animated shows, which includes popular and original characters – both in animation and live action.

The original home grown content is exclusively created for kids till 12 years of age. ALTBalaji is attempting to captivate the huge demand gap of this segment with its kids’ offerings.

These original shows are created keeping in mind the age group and their needs. The kids get to play, learn and explore with the shows on the app. The app has a parental control system which enables a parent to be selective in the content that the kids are allowed to watch. Subscribed users could enable this parental lock on ALTBalaji mobile platform so that kids could access only ALTBalaji Kids.

Manav Sethi

Explaining the idea behind foraying into the kids segment, Manav Sethi, CMO, ALTBalaji, said, “We met some focussed groups and had some deep insights on kids watching YouTube as well. Today’s 0-12 year olds don’t watch TV series at all. In urban clusters, there is a lot of content available in English and nothing that has come from India. We wanted to launch Indian content in Hindi and other languages, hence the kids segment.”

Currently, with the three shows and an animated nursery rhyme show, ALTBalaji Kids has 25-30 hours of original programming. It must be noted that the cost of producing a 30-minute VFX programme is way cheaper than producing digital content for a Hindi web series.

On the marketing front, Sethi said, “We are targeting digitally-savvy parents on Facebook and YouTube. About 90 per cent will be digital spends. The remaining 10 per cent will be strategically spent – like an on ground activations.” The platform may look at tying up with Mattel Toys or Hamleys which cater to kids centric products.

Nachiket Pantvaidya

Nachiket Pantvaidya, CEO, ALTBalaji, said, “Over the last few years, there’s been a paradigm shift from TV to mobile consumption, this is especially true for Generation Z apart from parents today. Kids’ entertainment on mobile and tablets has made them invincible, parents can control what the kids are learning or watching and they can decide what time they should watch it. Our content is fresh and entertaining; it lets the young minds explore, learn and nurture their creative and artistic side. To ensure easy understanding and to cater to diverse set of audience, we are offering shows in different languages including English, Tamil, Bengali and Telugu. This is especially good for Indian diaspora spread across the world as ALTBalaji app is available in 80 countries. We are excited to explore the untapped potential of this segment.”

The kids entertainment has animated series like ‘Moe Doe’, a story about friendship between a little boy (Moe) and a dinosaur (Doe); ‘Ding Dong Bell’ is a story about three best friends; ‘Happy Lucky Ki Katti Batti’ is a way to teach kids about shapes, maths, colours, good habits and values. ALTBalaji showcases nursery rhymes through the animated show ‘Nursery Rhymes’. The platform has acquired original famous cartoons like Little Krishna, Shaktimaan, Shuriken School and many more.

ALTBalaji was launched worldwide on April 16, 2017. The over-the-top platform aims to offer over 250 hours of original, exclusive content to its subscribers.

Post a Comment