Mehta will be Head- Business & Operations and Ramakrishnan will be Head - Strategy & Insights of TracyLocke India
BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | June 13, 2012
TracyLocke India, a part of the DDB Mudra Group has announced that its operations will be headed by Sameer Mehta, Head- Business & Operations and Pradeep Ramakrishnan will be given additional responsibility apart from being VP, DDB MudraMax, Media he will also be Head - Strategy & Insights, TracyLocke India.
Pratap Bose, COO, DDB Mudra Group, said, “Tracy Locke India will help build the B2R (Business to Retail ) practice for clients and will create strategies for converting consumers into shoppers. With the appointments of Sameer Mehta and Pradeep Ramakrishnan we now have the momentum to aggressively push the Tracy Locke India agenda, and build a great shopper marketing and retail capability for our clients.”
Commenting on this progress, Sameer Mehta, Head, Business & Operations, TracyLocke India, said, “Evolution of retail in India calls for a better understanding of how the shoppers, shop at the last mile in India. This becomes imperative for brands. For this, brands need to develop shopper insights. With TracyLocke, who have a commendable record with working on some of the best global brands, and with the Indian retail environment being unique in its own way, TracyLocke India will be customizing the requisites of each of our clients to suit this market, which currently comprises of 95% being unorganized and the remaining 5% organized.”
Adding to this Pradeep Ramakrishnan, Head, Strategy & Insights, TracyLocke India, said, “Shopper Marketing in India is not just about marrying the interests of the brand, retailer and shopper. It is more complex than that. The role of insights in this scenario would therefore be about ‘Bringing a Method to the Madness’. TracyLocke India with its proprietary tool, processes and measurement systems will lead the creation of new ways of understanding, analyzing and influencing the shopper in India.”
TracyLocke is a creative agency founded in 1913. It is part of the DDB Worldwide Network. with a roster of clients including some of the best brands in the world such as HP, T-Mobile, Starbucks, Johnson & Johnson, Gatorade, Tropicana, PepsiCo, Sony and Unilever’s Lipton.