CNN-IBN, IBN7 & IBN-Lokmat bring extensive programming to demystify the outcome of the Union Budget 2011.
BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | February 21, 2011
When UPA came back to power the hopes were high, but inflation coupled with price rise of essential commodities has raised question on the policies of the government. So will the upcoming Budget 2011 bring back hope? To demystify the outcome of the Budget 2011, CNN-IBN, IBN7 and IBN-Lokmat has lined up extensive programming to bring to the viewers a sharp and precise overview of various aspects that affect the economy and the citizens. The multi pronged programming expertise across the channels will include coverage by The Editorial Board, Contributors & Industry Experts, In-house Experts & On-ground reportage.
Pre Budget and Budget Day special programming on CNN-IBN, IBN7 & IBN-Lokmat include:
Special Programming under ‘Budget of Hope’ on CNN-IBN
1. Axe The Tax: The award winning show that identifies taxes that must go and also generate ideas in discussion with various tax experts. The show goes on-air from 21st February.
2. Face The Budget – Special debates with a panel of experts from 21st February to 25th February at 10:00PM
Special Programming on Railway Budget & the Budget Day include:
1. Railway Budget:
o Budget of Hope (Railway Budget Special): Non-stop 2 hours of extensive coverage on the Railway Budget Day.
o Rail Budget Bulletin: Evening prime time show will look at the state of Indian Railways
2. Union Budget:
o Budget of Hope (Union Budget Special): Non-stop 3-4 hours of extensive coverage on Budget Day. Anchored by Rajdeep Sardesai and a panel of Contributors.
o Budget Bulletin: A special bulletin during prime time on the Budget day with Karma Paljor will sum up the day’s big policy announcements.
o Budget and You: A special on how the budget would affect an individual's personal finance .The show will be aired on the Budget day at 8:30PM.
o Panel Discussion with Karan Thapar: A special with a panel of politicians representing the Left, the Congress & the BJP to debate the "politics" of the Budget. The show will be telecast on the Budget day at 9:30PM.
o Rate the Budget: A Discussion on the outcome of the Budget with Rajdeep Sardesai and a panel of experts. The show will be aired on the Budget day at 10:00PM.
Special Budget programming on IBN7
1. Railway Budget:
o Live coverage of the speech of the Railway minister at 11:00PM.
o A half hour special in the evening with the experts over the outcome of the Railway Budget
2. Union Budget:
o Mudda: A one hour special on expectation from Union Budget with the experts on 26th Feb at 8:00PM.
o Non-stop 2 hours of extensive coverage on Budget Day Live at 11:00AM. Followed by a special half hour analysis of the budget with experts
Special Programming of Union Budget 2011 on IBN-Lokmat
1. Budget Time – Special Interviews with Budget Focus For Marathi investors and working professionals. To be aired from 21st February to 25th February
2. Amcha Budget – During the weekend before the Budget as a warm up program to the next week programs, we will have half hour program on how the price rise is affecting aam aadmi and what solutions he wants. To be aired on 20th Feb
3. Union Budget 2011 – A special Pre-Budget debate with experts between 25th February till 27th February
1. BUDGET OF HOPE (RAILWAY Budget Day Special): Extensive coverage on Railway Budget Day.
2. Special show during the prime time that will look at the state of Indian Railways with the help of experts.
3. BUDGET OF HOPE (Budget Day Special): Non-stop 3-4 hours of extensive coverage on Budget Day.
1. One Hour special on 1st March that will showcase the reaction of the people of Maharashtra on the Budget.
Speaking about the programming, Rajdeep Sardesai, Editor-in-Chief, CNN-IBN, IBN7 & IBN-Lokmat said, “We promise to bring to the discerning viewers a comprehensive analysis on what the Budget 2011 means to the nation. We are looking forward to give our entire audience, an all encompassing, comprehensive yet simplistic coverage of the expectations, announcement and analysis of Budget 2011.”
Speaking on the occasion, Ashutosh, Managing Editor, IBN7 said, “The Budget impacts every one, from the man on the street to the corporate world. Budget is usually perceived as a complicated exercise with limited understanding by the masses. We have consciously planned our programming in a manner that will try and demystify the outcome of the budget for our viewers.”
Enumerating about the new programming lineup, Nikhil Wagle, Editor, IBN-Lokmat said, “IBN-Lokmat’s inclusive programming along with the best team of experts will bring for its viewers detailed analysis of Union Budget 2011. We are sure that our programming will address the entire spectrum of viewers. ”